Friday, August 13, 2010

A day in Carmel

I went to Carmel with my family for my birthday.

When I moved to California from Japan about 16 years ago, Carmel was one of my favorite place to go(still is) and we used to go there often. Our life became a bit busy after we had our son, so I couldn't go as often as before.

Every time we go there, I have a new discovery. One time, I found an antique shop with very nice quilts.(which doesn't exist now...) Another time, we found a very nice restaurant.(very small and hidden)

This time, I found beautiful courtyard. You might already know about this place. Yes, it's in front of Thomas Kinkade Gallery. We had to go through the narrow passage(pictured above), and found this place.

I forgot to bring my digital camera so I had to use my iPhone. But it came out pretty nice, don't you think?

If you've never been to Carmel, you should plan to visit when you come to SF bayarea. You might find something very nice.

-Keiko

1 comment:

Sue Hamilton said...

You found some beautiful places I've never seen before. A very belated Happy Birthday to you!!