Friday, October 31, 2014

Quilt Market Fall 2014

I came back from Quilt Market Houston on Monday, and still recovering from the trip.  But I wanted to share how wonderful this trip was!

First, I was very happy to see my friends from all over the world.  Manufacturers, fabric designers, pattern designers, publishers, shop owners, we meet once or twice a year at this international quilt market.

Second, finding the new products, new designs, and fresh ideas.  My first market experience was overwhelming with too much information, but I think I'm getting better to process who I met and what I found.  Here is some photos of the beautiful designer booth.



 Third, I was able to preview the quilts for International Quilt Festival!  A few years ago, there was a red and white quilt exhibition in New York, and I really wanted to see these beautiful collections of red and white quilts, but NY is so far away, I couldn't go...  But this exhibit in Houston looked just like the one in NY. Made me so happy:-)
 And at last, two of my Japanese friends won awards.  Their quilts are so beautiful, actually they are truly artwork.
This is "Fuji and Sakura" made by Masako-san from Japan.  -Won 1st place in Naturescapes division.
This one is "Tempest" made by Kumiko-san from Houston.  -Won 3rd place in Miniture Quilts division.  This quilt is about 8 inche square.  Yes, really!

My next year's new year's resolution will be learn to make a beautiful quilt and enter one of the judged show!  Winning the ribbon some day is my dream, but I have to believe that the dream can come true!

Happy quilting!
-K

2 comments:

Erin's Insights said...

Hello Keiko,

I have a strange question for you. Two years ago I was in a fabric shop in San Jose, CA and I saw one of your quilt designs and took a picture. The silly thing is I didn't record what the pattern name was. I have a picture of the quilt and I was hoping you would identify it for me? I can send a the picture you via email if you would like.
I'd love for my mom to make it for our little girl.

Please let me know and thank you so much!


Erin

K Cotton said...

Hi Erin,
Sure, you can send me the photo.
Kc@kcottonstudio.com

Keiko