Monday, February 28, 2011

It's been so long...

I'm really ashamed to say "A Happy New Year!" at the end of February, but I've been away from my blog since last November. So sorry for a long absense. Being a hockey mom takes so much time and energy, and somehow managed the holidays in between. We had two tournaments at home, one in Phoenix, AZ, and one in San Diego, CA. That's enough? Well, we still have two more regular games left and hopefully playoffs (Norcal and State). But all of these will be finished by the mid April.

Recently, I was introduced at Prairie Queens Quilt Shop's new blog. I'm honored to be featured as their first "Designer Spotlight". I've been teaching classes there for a few years and let me tell you, this shop is most welcoming, comfortable, and warm place I've ever known. Their fabric selection is wonderful! Notions, patterns, and books, everything you need/want is there. If you live in SF bay area, this shop is must-visit place. If you are far, it is worth planning a trip to visit. They also ship to you anywhere in the world. Visit their website here.

I will be teaching two new classes at Prairie Queens. One is "Charming Charms" class. Instruction for Hexagon Roses in my pattern "Emily Tote" if you'd like to make one. The other two charms are my old time favorites. I've made so many of these for different projects. You can probably find these instructions in Japanese magazines or books.


The second class that I'm teaching is "Blooming Pincushion". Open the flower-shape drawstring bag, and you will find the mini pincushion and small pockets for your scissors and seam ripper. You can also store 4 1/2" square ruler in larger pocket (blue floral square). This small pincushion is detachable by velclo. It is great for a little girl who is just starting to learn sewing or for you to carry your basic sewing tools to the class. These patterns are available at Prairie Queens Quilt Shop.

I have more exciting news/events to share with you. But I ran out of time today. Please come back soon to check them out.

Happy quilting! -Keiko