Monday, July 12, 2010

I had little visitors...

Every now and then, we have visitors from nearby mountain.

This time, mom and two baby deer came to have fun in our backyard. We have big trees so they can hide and rest in the shade. When babies walk around, mom always keeps eyes on them very carefully and when they go too far, she calls them to come back. They are so adorable. As you know, they are very sensitive to sounds so I couldn't open my door and go outside, but I got a picture from my studio.

It is so peaceful to watch my backyard with deer resting, squeals running around and jumping branches to branches, birds singing the songs. Only thing I miss during summer is the color of flowers. I've tried to plant some flowers but my little visitors love to have the beautiful flowers for their breakfasts and lunches. Oh, and not to forget, our moles pull the whole roots down to underground. After planting three times, I gave up. So no flowers in summer. But I enjoy beautiful flowers on fabrics.

What I am waiting for is new fabrics from Lecien. Especially the new fabric line, "Georgia Lou" by Brenda Riddle of Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. I can't wait when Brenda unfolds her new fabric and shows us. I will dream the bag and quilt designs day and night inspired by this beautiful fabric!

Have a happy Monday!
-Keiko

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! That's so cool...no deer out here in California walking around in the backyard...maybe some coyote?!

Miriam said...

Very cute visitors!!!