Friday, November 20, 2009

Pattern Update

It's getting cooler here in northern California. I hope everyone is staying healthy. I was little sick for a while. Now it's time to catch up with some stuff.

First of all, I'd like to introduce my new bag pattern "Peony Bouquet Tote". I'm teaching how to make this bag at Prairie Queens Quilt Shop in San Jose, if you are interested. Click here for more information.

I used the fabric designed by Brenda Riddle of Acorn quilt and gift company. This fabric line "Celebration" by Lecien is so pretty and romantic! Can you imagine to decorate a room with this fabric with some French country furniture? You can see the products made by talented designers using Celebration fabrics at Brenda's blog. She kindly included my quilt "Promise in Paris" and this bag "Peony Bouquet Tote". Thank you, Brenda!

I also used the new product called "Texture Magic" by Superior Thread. I attached this sheet on the wrong side of the fabric and sew simple straight lines. Then it shrinks the fabric by steam iron. It is so cool! Every time I steam it, I love watching the fabric shrink. Depends on the stitching design or fabric, it gives different looks. It is so much fun you would want to try again and again. Visit Superior Thread's "Mother Superior's Blog" every Tuesday! They introduce different projects and how to use the product.

I am working on another pattern and here is a sneak preview for you.

I designed this pattern for "Serenity" fabric of Maywood Studio. It is getting quilting now... which was originally going to be done by fall market. Sorry, Gail for the delay. The pictured fabric is "Evening Mist" by Moda. They are both beautiful taupe color fabrics and I will post both quilts later when they are done. Japanese taupe color is getting more popular in US and easier to obtain. If you are interested in these colors, visit Yoko Saito's website/quilt shop "Quilt Party". Her work is amazing.
That's it for today. Have a wonderful weekend!
-kc

No comments: