Monday, November 15, 2010

French General Quilt Kits

Today, I recieved a very special package from French General. Their very first quilt kits!

The first quilt is called "Maison de Garance", just like their fabric line available now. This quilt was designed by Jon Zabala and myself, pieced and appliqued by my friend, Penelope Tucker and quilted by Debbie Thornton from Prairie Queens Quilts. Our collaboration worked very well. It was an amazing experiernce for me to work with such talented people.

I think this quilt is a great interpretation of her fabric line. House design was inspired from French country house, as a matter of fact, it almost looks like the house from "Chateau Getaway" that French General offers every summer. If you don't know about this, please check out their website for next summer trip.

The second quilt is "Reine des Abeille" which is larger quilt with hexagon design. This quilt was designed by myself, made by Ayako Yamazaki and myself, and quilted by Debbie Thornton.

"Reine des Abeille" means Queen Bee. Hexagons represent the honeycombs. I used the motif fabrics to fit in the hexagons to make it more interesting. Piecing the hexagons by machine is not too difficult. Sew straight and you just have to know where to stop. If you are not confortable to sew by machine, you have an option to do English paper piecing. Information is included in the pattern.

If you never order from French General, you will be surprised with their heart-warming packaging. All kits are packaged in a fabric envelope-style bag and include a quilt label with kit number and the blank label for you to write your own information.

Do you like to order these quilt kits? Well, they are only available from French General. And you might want to hurry because each kits are limited to 50 customers. Here is the link to their website. www.frenchgeneral.com

I hope you like them as much as I do!
-Keiko

No comments: